Thursday, August 21, 2008

CHAPTER 21

The cellphone rang fervently. Hansen picked up without looking at the caller ID. Years of working in the entertainment industry has taught him that even in the dead of night, expect the unexpected callers.

“Hello?” he said.

“Hansen.” A familiar voice on the other end of the line greeted. He instantly recognized it. All the events of earlier that night flashed before him again.

“What do you want?” Hansen asked.

“I just called to say I’m sorry.” Van replied on the other end of the line. “I was an ass earlier today.”

“What about Bea?” Hansen demanded. The other end was silent. “What about Bea?”

“Just let me sort this out ok? Van said. “You’ll just have to trust me.” Sen took a deep breath.

“I do.” Sen said.

“Ok, good night” Van said.

“Can we meet tomorrow?”

“I can’t. I’m busy tomorrow. I’ll tell you when we can meet”

“Ok. I love you.”

“Ok.” Van replied as he ended the call

* * *
Van closed his cellphone. He then took his cigarette from the ashtray nearby and took a puff. As he blew out the smoke, a smirk emerged on his face.

Hay Van Pojas… he thought to himself. He opened his phone again, and dialed another number. He put the unit on his ear and waited for the other end to pick up

No comments: