Sunday, August 24, 2008

CHAPTER 29

The Departure Area of Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3 was bustling with activity. Travellers lined the check-in counters of various airlines, relatives bid farewell to their kin. Amidst these, Beulah and Laarni sat quietly.

It had been four days ago that Beulah received a call from the Wynn resort in Macau with an offer for him to be a part of their drag show. He did not think twice in accepting the offer. It, however, required Beulah to be there as soon as possible for rehearsals and training.

“Are you sure about this?” Laarni asked. Beulah gave a nod.

“It’s better this way.” Beulah said. “At least I can finally put the past behind me.”

“You still have feelings for him, don’t you?” Silence. “Then why don’t you put closure. Just say something to him. It’s better than hiding forever.”

“I’d love to, but I don’t know how.” Beulah began. “Besides, I think he has moved on. And to see him finally happy, then I guess I can be happy too.”

Laarni had something to say to Beulah, but held back. It seems as though he was decided that this was his way of letting go.

“Will you be back?”

“I’ll cross the bridge when I get there.” Beulah said.

“Flight 5J 564 bound for Macau, now boarding at Gate 17.” The public address system announced. Beulah stood up and collected his hand carry luggage. He faced Laarni and gave her a warm hug.

“La?” Beulah called as he pulled away from the hug. “Promise me one thing.” Laarni listened intently.

“Please take care of him.”

No comments: