Sunday, August 10, 2008

PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE:
Hansen Nichols took a deep breath as he walked through the double doors that divided the concert hall from the academy. Among all the expulsion nights he had experienced, this is probably the most bittersweet.

Behind him Van Pojas followed his footsteps nervously. It was his first time on the chopping block, but already, he did not like the feeling. Why like this? He thought to himself.

The production staff led them behind the LED monitor. The two stood there nervously.

“Nervous?” Sen asked as he grabbed Van’s hand. The younger man nodded.

“I wish it never had to be this way.” Van said. “This expulsion is bittersweet. If I lose, I’d leave the academy. If I win, I’ll still be sad because…” he looked at Sen, “you’re not coming back with me inside.”

“Do you know the song Got to Go My Own Way?” Sen asked. “We might find our place in this world someday, but at least for now, I’ve gotta go my own way,” he sang.

“Yeah.”

“ Consider that our theme. It’s just two weeks. We’ll see each other again. For now, we’ve got to go our own ways.”

The familiar theme music of the show came on, as they heard applause from the people in front of the LED.

“Sa puntong ito ay naid ko nang tawagin ang dalwang probee na sina Sen at Van.” Toni Gonzaga announced over the microphone. The LED screen split up to reveal the two. They walked down a couple of steps until they are beside Toni. Van tightened his grip on Sen’s hand.

“Ang pangalang aking babanggitin ay ang nakakuha ng mas mataas na percentage of votes. Mapapabilang ka sa Honor List of 6.” Their hearts were beating faster now.

“Congratulations, you are safe…”

No comments: