Saturday, August 23, 2008

CHAPTER 25

“You girls are so lucky!” Liezel exclaimed. Cris and Bea flashed their million-watt smiled then erupted in laughter. The girls gathered at Akademya to have lunch as they have always done every Thursday.

“I wish I had a lovelife like yours.” Liezel added.

“Don’t worry. You’ll find your prince.” Bea smiled.

“Hopefully, I’m not old enough to be his mother.” The girls let out a laugh.

“Seriously, I’m happy that you got Van. Is it official?” Cris asked.

“Well, we’re getting there.” Bea replied. “Next Saturday, he’s taking me to Tagaytay. We’re going to have a picnic. Hey! Maybe you and Sen can come with us. Too bad Liezel, you have a show.” Liezel made a sulking face.

“I take it is a couples date.” She added.

“Wait? Won’t Van be pissed that you invited us?” Cris inquired.

“No. I’m sure it will be okay. After all, we’re friends.” Bea answered.

* * *
“Hon?” Cris asked. Hansen was propped up against the headboard of his side of the bed.. He put down the newspaper and faced his wife.

“Bea and Van are inviting us for a picnic Next Saturday.”

“I see no problem with that. Where will it be held?” he asked.

“Picnic Grove in Tagaytay.” Hansen froze. The Picnic Grove brought back a lot of memories, especially of that fateful day five years ago.

“Sen!” Cris repeated. Sen broke out of his thoughts.

“What?”

“So it’s ok? We’re going with Bea and Van?” Cris said.

“Ok.” This should be interesting, Hansen sighed.

No comments: