Wednesday, August 27, 2008

CHAPTER 42

Van emerged from the bathroom carrying a pile of his shirts. He stuffed them unceremoniously into his gym bag.

He sat down beside the bag and got his half finished cigarette. I’m almost done, he thought. Just a task lay at hand.

He was amazed at the work he had done. He had planned this for quite some time, but he had difficulty planning his return. It was Cris Nichols herself who opened the door when she invited him to the reunion. Everything fell into place from there.

Now, there was only one thing left, he thought as he took a puff. He picked up his phone and dialed a number.

“Hello?” he asked as the other end picked up.

* * *
“Are you sure about this?” Laarni asked as she handed two plane tickets to Sen.

“I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life.” He replied as he stuffed the tickets into his jacket. The two had met at Laarnia. Upon Sen’s prodding, Laarni purchased the plane tickets for Sen and Van to Athens.

“Well, you seem happy.” Sen smiled.

“La, thank you for everything. You really are a friend.” Sen said as he held Laarni’s hand.

“I made a promise to a friend to take care of you. I’m just fulfilling his wishes.” Laarni replied. Sen nodded.

“I’m going to miss you.” Sen stood up and hugged Laarni.

“Where do you go from here?” She asked as he pulled away.
“Honestly I do not know.”

No comments: